Thursday, March 10, 2005

'Diary of Kurt Cobain'

Having an artistic family has its benefits. My dad plays guitar, my brother creates hip hop, another brother played the drums, and a slew of cousins dance, paint, sculpt, photograph, play instruments and produce. Proudly, I take the role as the actress.

Recently cousin Tina called me up about a small role in an indie film she is producing. The film (I think) is called, Diary of Kurt Cobain, which tells the story of two avid fans brought together through their love of Nirvana on the day he killed himself. This film hit very close to home. Not only that my generation was brought up with Nirvana, but that my birthday happens to fall on the day he killed himself, April 4th.

I was offered the role of 'Vintage Store Clerk' aka A BITCH. The make-up artist, Heather, gave me deep, smokey, heavy-lined eyes, dark-purple lips, and a fake nose ring. I was able to get my wardrobe from my own closet. Yes, I still wear the same clothes as I did in Jr. High. Much thanks to Alison Etzel for giving me the pink stripped collar shirt from her closet before we departed for college.

My day of filming went smooth and I was surrounded with good company. After wrapping for the day, dinner was included at Uno Pizzeria around the corner (Did I mention I actually get paid for my role, so cool). I gave a big thanks to Tina for the opportunity to work on this project. She gave me the best hug ever and spoke through her warm smile, "I know this is really small [the movie] but it's just going to keep getting bigger and bigger." She couldn't be more right.

The film is being directed by Austin Stark. He won best director in 2003 at the New York Film and Video Festival.

I'll update when there will be a screening for 'Diary of Kurt Cobain'.


PS Still no word from Elimidate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home